Terms and Conditions
This document sets out the terms and conditions between Learn2Decentralize or L2D and you when you purchase a ticket or register for any event or conference organized by L2D, or participate in any survey of L2D. By purchasing a ticket or registering for an event or conference organized by L2D or participating in a survey you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions. You should read this document carefully.
L2D reserves the right to change, modify, supplement or update these terms and conditions at any time. Any amended terms and conditions will be posted on this website.
Information regarding the personal data
This information you provide us will be used for the purposes of processing ticket sales and compiling delegate lists. The information we request for these purposes is processed on the following legal grounds: conclusion of an agreement and the performance of an agreement in which you are a party or performing the necessary formalities, upon your request, prior to the conclusion of an agreement.
Only with your consent, the following personal data will be published on our websites and across any relevant online portals, websites or platforms, and circulated by email to our email database, which includes all past and current delegates: your name, photograph, country where based and company name.
If you would like to withdraw your consent, please email email@example.com.
The data we collect from you in the course of purchasing and of registering for tickets sold by L2D (and/or other group companies) is necessary for the conclusion of an agreement and the performance of an agreement in which you are a party or for performing the necessary formalities, upon your request, prior to the conclusion of an agreement.
The data we collect from you when you complete an online survey will be used only with your express consent, given previously or after you completed the survey. The data will be used for commercial purposes in accordance with the Data Protection Policy and Declaration of Consent and will be retained and stored for these purposes.
The data we collect from you in the course of processing complimentary or otherwise ticket registration is necessary for the conclusion of an agreement and the performance of an agreement in which you are a party or for performing the necessary formalities, upon your request, prior to the conclusion of an agreement.
L2D will not provide transport, accommodation or travel expenses to or from any event or conference.
Use of personal data
L2D will not share your name, address, e-mail address, credit card information or personal information to any third party without your permission for advertising purposes. Please understand that L2D will store the following types of data as a profile for internal purposes:
- Mandatory and voluntary data collected when purchasing tickets.
- Mandatory and voluntary data collected when registering a complimentary admission ticket as well as the date of the ticket registration.
- Voluntary disclosures when participating in online surveys.
- If I have opted-in to receive email communication about related events I understand that I give consent for L2D to analyze and use the data for the purpose of targeted advertising communications to me on relevant topics and products in connection with L2D or subsidiary events and promotions.
- If I have opted-in to receive communication about related events on my mobile telephone number, I understand that I consent to L2D or subsidiary companies to contact me by SMS in relation to events for which I am purchasing a ticket or registering an expression of interest.
Refund and cancellation policy
All purchases of tickets for events (including hotel rooms if applicable) are non-refundable in their entirety. Your ticket remains the property of L2D and is a personal revocable license, which may be withdrawn, and admission refused at any time upon a refund of the printed registration price.
In the unlikely event of cancellation of a conference or an event the liability of L2D is limited to the share of paid registration fees that remains after credit card and payment processing fees have been incurred and deducted.
It is strictly forbidden for any company, organization or attendee to attempt to host or organize an event in conjunction with, contiguous to or purporting to be related to L2D or its affiliates without the express prior permission and co-operation of L2D. In the event of breach of these terms, any tickets purchased by the organizer and their affiliates will be rendered null and void. L2D reserves their right to take such legal action including a claim for damages as may be appropriate.
The tickets purchased (including hotel rooms if applicable) are for your own personal use or that of your business only and may not be re-sold or transferred for commercial gain under any circumstances, including but not limited to use as part of any promotion or competition. Where there has been any resale or attempted resale of any tickets (or any other breach of this term), we reserve the right to cancel the relevant tickets with immediate effect.
We reserve the right to cancel any ticket purchase made by any person or body whom we reasonably believe to be associated with any ticket broker or tout. L2D reserves the right to refuse admission to any event for any behavior, which it deems unacceptable, or for breach of the terms and conditions.
L2D reserves the right to refuse admission to any event for any behavior, which it deems unacceptable, or for breach of the terms and conditions.
L2D will not be responsible for any tickets that are lost or stolen. The unauthorized use of photographic and recording equipment at events and conferences is prohibited. You consent to film and sound recording as attendees at any event or conference.
L2D and its subsidiaries will not be liable for any loss, injury or damage to any person or property howsoever caused (save for death or personal injury as a result of L2D’s negligence or for any other type of liability that cannot by law be excluded or limited.)
L2D will not be liable for the granting of any visas that are required to attend any event. In the event that an attendee’s visa is not granted, tickets will not be refunded for any event.
If an individual seeks a refund on general attendee tickets that were purchased before their startup ticket was purchased, L2D will not grant a full refund when the general attendee ticket price has increased beyond the startup ticket price.
Name changes will be facilitated free of charge.
In the event that the purchaser is a consumer and to whom the European Directive on Consumer Rights (Directive 2011 / 83/ EU) applies, the consumer would be entitled to a cooling off period of fourteen days which would begin on the day the contract for distance selling was concluded.
If you have been selected to volunteer at the event but have already bought a ticket, you are not eligible for a refund.
For questions about registration or assistance with any registration problems, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Event cancellation, postponement & substitution policy
L2D is not responsible for any loss or damage as a result of a substitution, alteration, cancellation or postponement of an event. L2D shall assume no liability whatsoever in the circumstances that an event is canceled, rescheduled or postponed due to a fortuitous event, unforeseen occurrence or any other event that renders performance of an event impracticable, illegal or impossible. For purposes of this clause, a fortuitous event shall include, but not be limited to: war, fire, labor strike, extreme weather or other emergencies.
Also, L2D is not responsible for the business relations established between the participants to the event, for the failure to establish such relations or for any loss that may be incurred in connection to such business relations or in connection to the failure to establish such relation.
Please note that while speakers and topics are confirmed at the time of publishing, circumstances beyond the control of the organizers may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. As such, L2D reserves the right to alter or modify the advertised speakers and/or topics if necessary without any liability to you whatsoever. Any substitutions or alterations will be updated on our web page as soon as possible.
Once a successful purchase transaction has been completed, tickets are delivered in electronic soft-copy via email to the email address nominated by the purchaser. For some ticket types, it may be necessary to complete required information – such as attendee name – before the tickets can be issued. The ticket acts as a receipt for the transaction and can be used to redeem entry at the event listed on the ticket. A printed hard-copy ticket or an electronic soft-copy ticket detailing the reference number can be used to register at the event.
- L2D shall be entitled to delegate the duties provision of its obligations under this Agreement.
- No other terms shall apply to this Agreement and these terms contain the entire agreement and understanding between us in respect of all matters which are referred to herein and supersede any prior, written or oral agreement between us relating to such matters. You confirm that in agreeing to accept these terms you have not relied on any representation that is not expressly included herein and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any misrepresentation which has not become a part of these terms. However, nothing in these terms purport to exclude liability for any fraudulent statement or act.
- If any part of the terms herein shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from these terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of the terms.
You agree not to:
- Use the Website (or any part of it) for any illegal purpose and agree to use it in accordance with all relevant laws;
- Upload or transmit through the Website (i) any computer viruses, macro viruses, trojan horses, worms or anything else;
- Use the Website in a manner which (i) may cause the Website to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or such designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer or (ii) any material which is defamatory, offensive, or of an obscene or menacing character, or that may cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; (iii) that the effectiveness or functionality of the Website is in any way impaired or (iv) violates or infringes the rights of any person, firm or company (including, but not limited to, rights of intellectual property, rights of confidentiality or rights of privacy) of the Website;
- Create or publish a hypertext link to any part of the Website or attempt any unauthorized access to any part or component;
- Copy or distribute any part of the Website in any medium without our prior written consent; and
- Alter or modify any part of the Website other than as may be reasonably necessary to use the Website for its intended use.
We reserve the right to: Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part of it) with or without notice to you.
Change these Terms from time to time. Your continued use of the website (or any part of it) following such change shall be subject to and including the changes made to the terms from time to time.
Monitor any activity and content associated with the Website.
We may investigate any reported violation of these Terms to confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Terms have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Terms then you must immediately stop using the Website; and/ or complaints relating to the Website and take any action that we deem appropriate (which may include, but is not limited to, issuing warnings, suspending, terminating or attaching conditions to your access and/or removing any materials from the Website).
Limitation of liability
Whilst we will use reasonable endeavors to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the website, we make no warranties, whether express or implied in relation to its accuracy.
The Website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis for your information and personal use only without any representation or endorsement. Unless specified in separate terms and conditions relating to a particular product or service, we make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Website, or products or services offered on the Website whether by us or on our behalf (including free software downloads) including but not limited to, implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, condition or completeness, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee and therefore shall not be in any way responsible for the security or privacy of the Website and any information provided to or taken from the Website by you.
You agree to be fully responsible for (and fully indemnify us against) all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including legal fees, suffered by us and arising out of any breach of the terms by you or any other liabilities incurred by us arising out of your use of the website, or use by any other person accessing the website using your pc or internet access account.
You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content contained within the Website shall remain at all times owned by us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorized by us.
We reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to the Website and the content in the Website.